Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV:KTN) announced that all 3 holes drilled as part of its ongoing multi-phase drill and resource expansion program on the Promontorio Silver Project in Sonora, Mexico, intercepted significant mineralization.
As quoted in the press release:
There are currently 7 additional holes finished that are either in the assay laboratory for processing or being prepared on site for delivery to the assay laboratory.
- DH 191 Returned: 183 gpt Silver Eqv. Over 25.0 Meters
- Including 305 gpt Silver Eqv. Over 5.0 Meters
- Including 325 gpt Silver Eqv. Over 3.0 Meters
- DH 190 Returned: 101 gpt Silver Eqv. Over 38.0 Meters
- DH 192 Returned: 147 gpt Silver Eqv. Over 2.0 Meters
- DH 192 Returned: 42 gpt Silver Eqv. Over 35.0 Meters
Kootenay Silver President and CEO, James McDonald, said:
We are very pleased with initial results from the current program. All 3 holes drilled in the new breccia zone show high-grade mineralization is continuing from the Northeast Zone to the southwest towards the Pit Zone. The results are very positive as they are building on continuity of high-grade mineralization going into the Central Zone between the Pit and Northeast Zones. The holes sit in an area between the Northeast Zone and previous drill holes DH 183, 185, 186, 188, and underscore the potential for establishing continuity of higher grades throughout the zone and for adding substantial additional tonnage to the resource.