Avrupa Minerals Ltd. (TSXV:AVU) reported achievements in 2014 and plans for 2014. In 2013, the Company completed successful drill programs at Alvalade and Covas, and acquired one new project in the Iberian Pyrite Belt of Portugal, and also applied for two others in the same highly prospective belt. In 2014, exploration in Slivivo is set to begin. Also planned is the expansion of tungsten mineral occurrence at Covas in north Portugal.
As quoted in the press release:
Achievements in 2013
During 2013 Avrupa advanced its projects and received funding in several ways:
- We completed two successful drill programs at the Alvalade copper project.
- We completed one successful drill program at the Covas tungsten project.
- We found a new partner to advance the Slivovo gold and base metals project in Kosovo.
- We partnered with a royalty company that is actively helping to advance several of our projects in Portugal. That company also invested $350,000 directly into Avrupa.
- We completed a financing for $600,000.
- We acquired one new project in the Iberian Pyrite Belt (IPB) of Portugal, and also applied for two others in the same highly prospective belt.
- Two new people were appointed to the Board of Directors.
- We maintained proactive investor relations with contact at conferences in North America and Europe and issued regular corporate updates.
- Several analysts provided updates on the Company.
Plans for 2014
The Company is already moving ahead with its first drill program of 2014, which started in January on the Alvalade Project in the IPB of Portugal. Additional plans for 2014 include:
- Analyze the generative project in Germany for gold and tin and prepare for potential joint venture.
- Continue to analyze results of the drilling at the Alvalade copper project in south Portugal, and continue with additional drilling on the project, if results continue to be positive.
- Begin an active exploration program in Kosovo on Slivovo.
- Continue to expand the tungsten mineral occurrence at Covas in north Portugal.
- Add new projects in new areas to the exploration pipeline, and drop projects that do not meet joint venture criteria, depending on technical results.
- Advance existing and new projects in Portugal with initial funding provided by our royalty partner so that JV partners can be found to further advance the projects.
- Find a partner, or partners, for our southern Portugal projects, particularly the Marateca copper-zinc project in the IPB and the Alvito iron oxide-copper-gold project in the adjacent Ossa Morena Zone.
- Continue to maintain low overhead costs and minimize shareholder dilution.