Terramin Australia Ltd. (ASX:TZN) announced that it has discovered “significant” rare earth element (REE) mineralization at its Kapunda-Truro project, located in South Australia. High REE levels have not been identified at the project before.
- Identification of high-grade strategic ‘heavy’ REE (HREE) abundances in quartz veins associated with Kapunda Mine’s copper mineralisation
- Over 20% Total Rare Earth Oxides (TREO) from sample KP07 includes HREE’s 5.54% Neodymium, 1.42% Praseodymium and 0.20% Europium
- Scandium assays up to 335ppm
- Early indications suggest HREE-bearing quartz veins are associated with copper mineralisation
- Exploration in 2014 to include Kapunda-Truro HREE targets