Tarsis Resources Ltd. (TSXV:TCC) reported that a new and previously unknown zone of skarn alteration was discovered at the Erika property by the optionee who recently returned the project.
As quoted in the press release:
The following work was carried out and paid for by the optionee during 2013:
- Reverse circulation (RC) drilling (1,713 meters in 7 holes).
- Diamond drilling (402 meters in 1 hole).
- Drilling targeted three different styles of mineralization at four separate locations on the property.
- Mapping at 1:10,000 scale over the entire property.
- Collection of 251 rock chip samples, 289 soil samples and 18 stream sediment samples for geochemical analysis.
Of the eight drill holes completed, three targeted skarn mineralization, three targeted Carlin style gold mineralization and two were directed at two separate high-sulphidation epithermal targets.