Mawson Resources Limited (TSX:MAW, FWB:MXR, OTCPINK:MWSNF) announced the continued expansion of the Rajapalot project in Finland. Mawson has recently discovered high gold and uranium grades at two new project areas, with prospecting grab samples of disseminated mineralization returning up to 3,220 g/t gold. These results extend the mineralized trend, which remains open, by 650 metres at Rajapalot.
Highlights of the company’s recent results include:
- Seventy-four prospecting grab samples taken from outcrop and glacial boulders (Table 1), with better results including:
- 3,220g/t gold and 0.3 U3O8;
- 248 g/t gold and 0.7% U3O8;
- 43.1 g/t gold and 27.4% U3O8;
- 9.8 g/t gold and 1.2% U3O8;
- 1.8 g/t gold and 1.7% U3O8;
- 0.3 g/t gold and 1.5% U3O8;
- In total 9 project areas have now been defined at Rajapalot within an area extending over 2.5 kilometres by 3.5 kilometres (Figure 1).
- The new results are located immediately along strike and approximately 2 kilometres from recent core sampling holes which returned results including 19.5m @ 7.4 g/t gold from 1.3 metres from PRAJ0006 and 5.4m @ 37.6 g/t gold from 2.5 metres from PRAJ0009 (see Mawson Press Release dated Jan 20 2014).
- At least two styles of gold mineralization now exist at Rajapalot, the first with extremely low uranium grades (Palokas), the second with higher uranium grades as evidenced by the new surface sample results.