NexGen Energy Ltd. (TSXV:NXE) has entered into an agreement with Long Harbour Exploration Corp. (TSXV:LHC) to purchase a 75 percent interest in, with an option to acquire the remaining 25% interest in, five mineral claims in the Athabasca Basin. The Property is located approximately 30 km east of the Cigar Lake mine, near the the Thorburn Lake property in northern Saskatchewan.

As quoted in the press release:

The purchase price payable by NexGen for the Acquisition consists of the issuance to Long Harbour of such number of common shares of the Company (“Common Shares”) as are equal $135,000. In the event that NexGen exercises the Option, it is also required to issue to Long Harbour such number of Common Shares as are equal to $45,000.

NexGen CEO, Leigh Curyer, said:

[T]he acquired properties have interpreted geophysical characteristics that meet our strict exploration criteria of targeting shallow hosted uranium mineralization. They are in the vicinity of our highly prospective Thorburn Lake and Radio properties located in the eastern section of the Athabasca Basin.

Click here to read the NexGen Energy Ltd. (TSXV:NXE) press release
Click here to see the NexGen Energy Ltd. (TSXV:NXE) profile.